A blog originally for keeping track of my hobby of being a Beekeeper which has evolved to include Home Brewing and even more recently to follow me and my families approach to "The Good Life". Eventually I hope to include baking recipes and stories of our flock of chickens also reporting on the success and failure at the allotments.

Monday 22 August 2011

Beehive Number 2

Carrying on from my last post which mentioned the reason why I have fallen behind with my blog. This post is just to mention that I have got a new Beehive and have started building it already. I won't post any pictures yet as it isn't finished but will do when I have made a super so it can be shown as a complete hive. At the moment I have finished making the stand, the brood box and the roof. This hive has been bought from a different place to my first hive and is made of ply rather than cedar; this means it doesn't have the same weather resistance so I will need to treat the wood against rot. The site I got it from is www.fragile-planet.co.uk and I will go into more details of the hive as I finish building it.

No comments:

Post a Comment