A blog originally for keeping track of my hobby of being a Beekeeper which has evolved to include Home Brewing and even more recently to follow me and my families approach to "The Good Life". Eventually I hope to include baking recipes and stories of our flock of chickens also reporting on the success and failure at the allotments.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Bee Hives Spotted

Today me and my better half went on a long walk around my local area. We had to stay to decent paths as we also had our baby in the pram being pushed by us in turns. When we set off we only intended on doing a short walk but in the end we walked 3.8 miles, with quite a lot of it being up and down steep-ish hills. While on the walk we found a house down a lane with an honesty box selling eggs and honey. As we walked further down the lane we could see the man working in one corner of his land in what looked like a vegetable plot and behind him was a large area of land. The majority of the land was for chickens and ducks but there was a little area that several Bee hives could be seen. We weren't close enough to talk to the man, or see if the hives were active but if we go for a walk in that area again and see the man I will attempt to engage him in conversation and possibly visit his hives. My better half was also interested as she is going to be getting some chickens soon though she is getting fed up with me talking about Bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment